Alaska is a stunning destination with plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventures and cultural experiences. Here are some of the best cruise excursions in Alaska:
- Glacier Bay National Park: A visit to Glacier Bay National Park is a must-do excursion for any Alaska cruise. You can see glaciers up close, watch for whales and other wildlife, and learn about the history and ecology of the region.
- Dog Sledding: Dog sledding is an iconic Alaskan activity that many cruise lines offer as an excursion. You’ll get to meet the dogs, ride in a sled, and learn about the history and traditions of dog mushing.
- Helicopter and Floatplane Tours: Alaska’s rugged terrain makes helicopter and floatplane tours a thrilling way to see the state’s natural beauty. You can fly over glaciers, fjords, and mountains, and even land on a glacier.
- Wildlife Viewing: Alaska is home to a variety of wildlife, including bears, eagles, moose, and whales. You can take a guided tour to see these animals in their natural habitats.
- Gold Rush Towns: Many Alaskan towns have a rich history dating back to the gold rush days. You can take a walking tour of these towns, see historic buildings, and learn about the stories of the people who lived there.
- Native Culture: Alaska is also home to several indigenous cultures, including the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian. You can learn about their traditions, visit totem poles, and watch cultural performances.
- Fishing: Alaska is a world-renowned destination for fishing. You can take a fishing excursion and try to catch salmon, halibut, or other fish, and even have your catch cooked up for you on board.
These are just a few of the many exciting excursions available on an Alaska cruise. Be sure to do your research and book in advance.