Packing for a tropical cruise can be exciting but also overwhelming. Here are some items that you should consider packing for a tropical cruise:
- Lightweight clothing: Pack breathable, lightweight clothing such as shorts, sundresses, tank tops, and t-shirts. Be sure to bring a light sweater or jacket for cooler nights.
- Swimwear: Bring several swimsuits so that you always have a dry one available. Also, consider packing a cover-up or sarong.
- Sun protection: The tropical sun can be intense, so bring a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen with a high SPF. It’s also recommended to use a reef-friendly sunscreen… we recommend Sun Bum.
- Comfortable shoes: Pack comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the ports of call, such as sneakers or sandals. Consider packing water shoes if you plan to do water activities.
- Formal wear: Many cruises have formal nights, so pack at least one formal outfit, such as a dress or suit.
- Medications and first aid: Bring any medications that you need, along with a first aid kit that includes items such as pain relievers, antihistamines, and bandages.
- Camera: Don’t forget to capture your memories with a camera or smartphone.
- Lightweight backpack: A lightweight backpack can be useful for carrying items during shore excursions.
- Waterproof phone case: Consider purchasing a waterproof phone case if you plan to take your phone near the water.
- Insect repellent: Depending on the destination, insects can be a problem, so pack insect repellent.
Remember to check with the cruise line for any specific guidelines or restrictions on packing before your trip.